The Ōhau Conservation Trust wishes to protect the special natural values of the Ōhau basin.
The Trust will promote awareness of, and protect, the unique habitats and biodiversity of the Lake Ōhau area.
The Trust aims to implement its vision in the Ōhau basin by;
- Initiating and supporting research into the state of habitats and their biodiversity;
- Taking a leadership role in the protection and restoration of key habitats and their indigenous fauna and flora;
- Working with central and local government, Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu, other organisations, businesses and individuals throughout New Zealand to collaborate on projects and better resource the work of the Trust;
- Promoting and providing support for biodiversity and conservation education;
- Developing a broad supporter/volunteer base, nationally and internationally, of people who can actively contribute to the realisation of the Trust’s vision and aims.